Because the 2008 US Presidential race will most likely be a tight one, with candidate and party platforms, promises, and politicking creating a minefield of confusion as to who you should vote for, the sweaty grubs working in the Boast Research Dungeon have found all of the important info you need to make a well-informed vote...
The Candidates' favorite films!
- Sen. John McCain, R-Arizona: "Viva Zapata" (1952)
- Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-New York: "Casablanca" (1942)
- Former Mayor Rudy Giuliani, R-New York: "The Godfather" (1972)
- Former Sen. John Edwards, D-North Carolina: "Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb" (1964)
- Gov. Bill Richardson, D-New Mexico: "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" (1969)
- Former Gov. Mitt Romney, R-Massachusetts: "Raiders of the lost Ark" (1981)
This also works as a voting prediction generator. Here are a few possibilities that our analysts
have rushed together.
A) The race will boil down to Hillary and Rudy, with Sen. Clinton winning because she prefers a bit of romantic nostalgia to a bloody animal head.
B) John Edwards will take it in a landslide because of his tongue-in-cheek suggestion that Slim Pickins should really be riding a nuke rather than running the country.
C) A three-way tie between Gov. Richardson, Sen. McCain, and John Edwards due to the political relevance of their film choices.
Unfortunately, Mitt Romney's choice, while a pretty dang fun movie, speaks a bit too loudly on demonizing the 'Other', US manifest destiny, and advancing monetary means by way of exploiting Asia and the Middle East - which is kind of old hat these days. If he really wants to stand a chance, our advisory board
recommend that he publicly apologize and change his pick to something like, Gold Diggers of 1933
, Paradise Now
, or anything by Kieslowski
, US Presidential Elections
Labels: Film, Lists, News